Monday, March 15, 2010

'The Sacred Made Real

Where does the time go? I had not realised how long it has been since I last wrote.
I went to the National Gallery Exhibition of Spanish painting and sculpture of the 17th century and was a little
disappointed. The sculpture was probably good but this art form is not one that inspires or moves me with
a few exceptions. The paintings were disappointing but I put this down to the sepulchral lighting used
throughout the various rooms. Possibly this was meant to engender feelings of respect and solemnity but
I just found it created a negative atmosphere. The works by Cana and Zurburan were fine but the overall
gloom left me unsatisfied

1 comment:

Prettypink said...

And it should not be allowed for M to be unsatisfied...at least not by exhibitions.