Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hadddon, Mark: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

I don't know why it has taken me as long as it has to read this Whitbread Book of the Year for 2003. While I have to accept on trust that the description of the lead character is correct in the way Asperger's Syndrome is shown, it certainly reflect what I have read elsewhere. The behaviour patterns are brilliantly maintained throughout what is actually a very straightforward story. There are moments of humour and of sadness but the overall impression is one of the indominatable nature of the hero who is aware he is different but seems to ride over the problems the difference creates. Simply written, this is an outstanding work of fiction which well deserves the praise it has been given.

1 comment:

Prettypink said...

Me too! I've only just started the book -- but I am very impressed so far. XXX